- What is SmartMap?
SmartMap is a newly launched web-based map application by TM that allows businesses to perform geo-spatial analysis to support their business decision-making. Users only need Internet connection and a web browser with the latest updates of Microsoft Silverlight. For more information, please click here.
- How do I subscribe or apply for SmartMap?
You can contact a TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers or submit your enquiry to subscribe through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I apply for SmartMap through online registration or e-payment?
For the moment, subscription can only be made through your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers. The online system for subscription will be ready soon.
- What are the subscription fees for SmartMap?
SmartMap has three subscription periods, which are RM660 for a 1-month period, RM 2,150 for a 6-month period and RM3, 630 for a 1-year period.
- What are the minimum requirements to use SmartMap?
Windows: X86 or x64 1.6-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAMMacintosh (Intel-based): Intel Core Duo 1.83-gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor with 512-MB of RAM
Internet connection: 512kbps
- How can I pay for the subscription?
Payment for the subscription fee can only be made through your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers.
- How long does it take to activate my account once the application form is submitted and payment made?
Your account will be activated in 3 days from the time of submitting your application form and payment received. A notification email with a username and default password will be sent to your email address once your account has been activated.
- How do I renew my subscription?
You may renew your subscription through your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers.
- Can I change my account subscription period or terminate my account?
You are not allowed to change the subscription period or terminate your account during the subscribed period.
- Does the login allow multiple users access to the SmartMap application?
Only one user for one login is allowed.
- What would happen to my data once my account has expired?
Your data will be preserved in the SmartMap servers for 1 month after expiry of your account. If the subscription is not renewed within 1 month, all preserved data will be deleted. Hence, it is important for the subscription to be renewed 2 weeks prior to theexpiry date.
- If there are any problems, how do I contact the support team?You can contact our team at 1-300-88-4-MAP (627) or submit your problem enquiry at email@example.com.
- How do I upload and use my own data?
You can get in touch with our customer support by email,at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers.
- What if I do not wish to continue my subscription but I want to retrieve or delete my data?
Yes you can. Please contact your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers or email your request to us through email@example.com.
- How updated is TM digital map in SmartMap?
The TM digital map in SmartMap is updated every 4 months.
- What are the readily available data provided in SmartMap?
The data available in SmartMap are demographic, consumer expenditure and property valuation. These are the most important data used by businesses to make decisions.
- How recent is the readily available data provided in SmartMap?
The data for property valuation is most recent, while the projection demographic data is until 2009 and the actual consumer expenditure data is of 2004.
- How reliable are the sources of data provided in SmartMap?
SmartMap gets its demographic and consumer expenditure from Department of Statistics Malaysia, whereas the property valuation data is from iProperty.com.my which is the largest property directory in Malaysia and SME data from Yellow Pages.
- What should I do if I noticed inconsistency or error in data?
We encourage you to report to us for any inconsistency that you’ve found in the data. Just click on the feedback button in SmartMap to report.
- I have data in RSO format. Can SmartMap support RSO format?
No, SmartMap only support WGS 84 format. However, we do help customer for conversion of data. Please contact your TM Account Executive or our authorized resellers or email your request to us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have lengthy information I would like to add in my particular asset. Can SmartMap column support my information (attribute)?
SmartMap able to support information (attribute) up to 80 characters only. If your information is too lengthy, you may try to add few more columns to fill in your information.